The push/pull/legs split is probably the most efficient workout split there is because all related muscle groups are trained together in the same workout. This means that you get the maximum overlap of movements within the same workout, and the muscle groups being trained get an overall benefit from this overlap.
What is the most effective workout split?
5 of the Best Workout Splits
- Monday: Upper Body (Push Focus)
- Tuesday: Lower Body (Squat Focus)
- Wednesday: Off /Active Recovery.
- Thursday: Upper Body (Pull Focus)
- Friday: Lower Body (Hamstring and Glute Focus)
- Saturday/Sunday: Off.
What is the best 6 day workout split for building muscle?
6-Day Workout Routine For Muscle Mass: The Ultimate BodyBuilding Schedule
- Day 1: Shoulders, Chest, And Core Muscles. Warm-Up: …
- Day 2: Triceps And Leg Muscles. Warm-Up: …
- Day 3: Back And Core Muscles. Warm-Up: …
- Day 4: Triceps, Biceps, And Leg Muscles. …
- Day 5: Rest Day.
- Day 6: Shoulders, Chest And Abs. …
- Day 7: Biceps And Back Muscles.
What is the best 7 day workout split?
7 Day Split Workout Example 4
- Push Day 1 and 4. All are 4 sets, 6 reps. Barbell bench press. Incline dumbbell press. …
- Pull Day 2 and 5. Pull-ups. Pendlay row. …
- Legs Day 3 and 6. Barbell squats (3 sets, 6 reps) Leg press (3 sets, 6 reps) …
- Cardio and Abs Day 7. 20 minutes of HIIT or Tabata. Hanging leg raises (4 sets, 10 reps)
Is 3 days enough to build muscle?
How to build muscle. Spending your whole day in the gym isn’t necessary to build muscle. Weight training for 20 to 30 minutes, 2 to 3 times a week is enough to see results. You should try to target all your major muscle groups at least twice throughout your weekly workouts.
Can you gain muscle lifting 3 days a week?
Three workouts a week is a common go-to for beginners and those looking to get lean, but works great for muscle gains as well as it provides more exposure to a training stimulus than most are used to.
Is 3 day full body workout enough?
While doing a full-body workout 3 times a week certainly is possible, many experts recommend you exercise caution in doing so. Some believe that a better approach is to do the full-body workout only twice a week while engaging in less strenuous workouts the alternating three days.