What can I use instead of 2 kg dumbbells?
Canned Goods. Use canned soup, peas or beans from the pantry as a dumbbell alternative. Hold one in each hand and use them for biceps curls, triceps extensions or chest presses. Smaller cans are easier to hold, but if you can grip them safely, graduate to larger cans when the exercise becomes too easy.
What household items weigh 2kg?
A bag of flour or rice can easily weigh 5 pounds or 2kg. Pop it on your chest when you’re doing crunches. Grab a bottle or box of laundry detergent for one-arm rows; it can weigh up to 10 pounds (4 kg).
How do you make homemade dumbbells?
Make Dumbbells With Plastic Beverage Containers
- One two-liter soda bottle = 4-1/2 lbs. water or 6-3/4 lbs. sand.
- One gallon milk bottle = 8-1/3 lbs. water or 12-3/4 lbs. sand.
- One 1/2 gallon milk bottle = 4-1/4 lbs. water or 6-1/3 lbs. sand.
What can I use instead of 5kg dumbbells?
HOUSE HOLD OBJECT TO USE:
- 1 – GET A MILK JUG AND USE IT. Fill a perfect, plastic gallon container with water, sand, shakes, or cement. …
- 2 – CANNED GOODS YOU CAN LIFT. …
- 3 – USE PLASTIC WATER BOTTLES AS DUMBBELLS. …
- 4 – PACKETS OF RICE OR BEANS. …
- 5 – USING PAINT CANS.
- 6 – BOOKS. …
- 7 – ANKLE WEIGHTS. …
- 8 – EXERCISE BANDS.
Are bands as good as weights?
The study found that resistance bands show similar results to weights in both the upper and lower body exercises. … Resistance bands are not necessarily better than weights, but they provide similar advantages for strength training specifically.
What household items weigh 1kg?
A kilogram is about:
- the mass of a liter bottle of water.
- very close to 10% more than 2 pounds (within a quarter of a percent)
- very very close to 2.205 pounds (accurate to 3 decimal places)
- 7 apples.
- a loaf and a half of bread.
- about 2 packs of ground beef.